Tiny crustaceans called Foraminifera when completing the circle of life and dying leave behind their red shells that remain in the water and then crushed into the sand, which in turn takes this striking hue.
1. Pink Beach, Komodo National Park – Indonesia
2. Pink Beach, Harbor Island, Bahamas
3. Pink Beach, Bermuda
4. Pink Beach, Santa Cruz Island – Philippines
5. Budelli Island, Sardinia – Italy
6. Bonaire, Dutch Caribbean Island, Caribbean
7. Lagoon of Balos, Crete – Greece
The red shells of crustaceans crumbling in the sand and is those which gives the pink hue.